Monday, March 22, 2010

Today is the Day

I've only been up an hour and a half, but I'd say I'm off to a good start. This morning for breakfast I had a toasted english muffin with an egg and a sugar free coffee drink mix with low fat milk. Unfortunately, I didn't get to do my exercises before my kiddo woke up, so those will have to wait till nap time. The only thing I regret is not getting enough sleep last night,  because being sleepy doesn't motivate me to exercise. My plan was to be in bed by 11:30, but I got caught up in reading about the new health care bill that was passed last night, and then my husband came home, and we stayed up and talked for a while, so I didn't get to sleep until about 1. That made getting up at 7:00 kind of difficult. It can't be helped now though.

Anyway, I was telling my friend last night about my weight loss plan, and she presented an idea I hadn't thought of. She suggested I break up my total goal into several smaller goals, like five pounds at a time. This way, I don't get discouraged because I still have so far to go. So I'm going to give that a try. I'll be sure to announce the achievement of my first goal when it gets here!

No comments: