Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Water Woes, Stretching and Clothes

Here's the thing: I can't convince myself to drink water. I know I need to do it, I know it's good for me, but I DON'T WANNA! Water is just so... so... boring. I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and just do it. Meh. Anybody got any pointers? And by pointers, I mean magic that will turn me into a water-lover.
I decided recently to add some stretches to my daily routine. I'm so glad I did this. Stretching makes me feel so good! I mean, it even makes me feel more energized than my workouts, I believe. All I'm doing is a few simple ones that stretch a little bit of everything.

Is it weird that the reason I want to lose this weight is because I want to look better in my clothes? I guess it's not so out there, since a lot of people want to be able to wear a bikini or cute clothes, or sexy lingerie. The thing is, I don't really mind the way I look naked. I mean, yeah, I have cellulite and folds, but I look fairly proportional - still an hourglass shape (well, maybe a two-hour glass). The problem is, when I get into clothes, they just fit poorly. I look all bumpy, and not in the "my humps, my lovely lady lumps" way. Back in the day, it didn't matter what I wore, I looked good. Now, I find that I pay more attention to the cut or shape of a piece of clothing, and will immediately rule out something because it's not flattering. I'd like to get back to a place where I can dress with reckless abandon. I'd like to dress in whatever and have people think that I'm quirky and fun, not that I got dressed in the dark in a hurry.

No comments: