Thursday, January 12, 2012

Weight Loss Jar

I found this on Pinterest, and thought it was a great idea: Weight Loss Jar. I've seen this done with to-do lists, but never with weight loss. I think it's nifty to have a visual representation of what you've accomplished (especially in those early stages when it's not apparent on your body yet). I immediately got up and made one of my own after seeing it. I didn't buy marbles or vase fillers, though. I collect rocks, so I already had them laying around and decided to use those. I also only used one rock per pound, whereas this lady uses one gem per tenth of a pound. I suppose it's more visually impressive, and for those weeks where you lose a little weight, but not quite a whole pound, you still can see a difference. Hmm. Now that I think about it, I might need some more rocks and a bigger jar...  Anyway,  I would show you a picture, but my husband is on night shift, so he's sleeping, and going into the bathroom to take pics would disturb him. Maybe later I'll get some posted.

No comments: