Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Workout

I suppose it's about time to post something new, but in all honesty, I don't really have anything to post. There hasn't been any progress to speak of since my last progress report. I've been maintaining fairly well when you consider that my post was made right before the holidays, so I guess that's something. The thing is, the motivation well has dried up. Somewhere I lost my balance, and I've just been going through the motions and haven't truly been able to get it back again.

All that being said, I've been doing alright counting calories. I went a little overboard a couple of weekends ago at my mom's birthday party, but in all fairness, the cake was pretty darned good. I've also been doing better about drinking water. That partly comes from me finishing all the drink mixes I'd bought previously, so that I have no choice but to drink water. I guess sometimes that's what it takes.

Perhaps my best achievement so far was to actually write out an exercise plan. I was just sort of winging it before, but now I have something a little more concrete. I have two sets of exercises that I alternate between. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I walk for 30 minutes and then do a set of arm and ab toning exercises; Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I use the rowing machine for 30 minutes and then do leg and glute toning exercises. I decided to put this plan into full swing yesterday, and I guess it's working, because my abs and arms are sore! I'm really hoping to see some results by the end of March when we go to our friends' wedding. Who knows, I might even try to get a tan before then, too!

No comments: