Monday, July 9, 2012

Lesson Learned

I went over my calorie budget today. The little one and I went to Mickie D's this evening so she could get a Happy Meal. We don't do this often, and since I had to run an errand that would take us away from home at dinner time, I figured I'd let her get something she really enjoys. Well, I'd already eaten, so I figured I'd just treat myself to one of their caramel frappe drinks. I thought I'd go a tad over my budget, but I was just getting a small, so it wouldn't be that bad. No biggie.

We had a very nice outing and made it home just in time to not get completely soaked by a thunderstorm. I put the little one to bed, and just out of curiosity, I googled McDonald's nutrition facts. I scrolled and scrolled until I found it - small McCafe Caramel Frappe: 450 calories.

JESUS H. CHRIST ON A BIKE!

AND THAT'S A SMALL!

Moral of the story: Just because you get a small, doesn't mean it's low calorie. Always check the nutrition guide first.

No comments: