Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Thyroid Update

Well, I went to the doctor here in Montana for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I explained that I'd been monitored for hypothyroidism in the past, and so my new doc (who is very nice, by the way) took a blood sample once again. He said my numbers were well within the normal range, and that since I've been normal for a year, he doesn't think I have anything to worry about. We'll keep monitoring it, but not as often as my other doctor was recommending. So it looks like I've dodged a bullet. Still, I have to wonder what was making my numbers wonky before. Maybe I'll do some research on that eventually.

Anyway, I haven't been on a scale in a couple of weeks, so I don't really have an update for that. I don't feel any smaller, so I'm probably not. I'll get on the scale this weekend to be sure.

One thing I did this past weekend was go to a seminar on self-defense. I learned a lot that I hope I can apply to my daily life, because you just never know what can happen. We were taught a few moves to help fend off attackers, and they will make great exercise if I practice them daily. I'm thinking that's just what I'll do too.

Well, that's all that's going on currently on my weight loss journey. Still walking the path, though I sometimes stumble on rocks (last week it was a burger joint with yummy sweet potato fries and Cherry Coke). I'll get there though.

No comments: