Thursday, April 28, 2011

Procrastination means a new beginning

Well, sadly I'm right back where I started from. I told myself when my husband and I moved in with family while we were on the job hunt that I would resume my healthy eating and weight loss regimen when we were settled in our new location. Little did I know that six months later, I would still not be settled in. I am still living with my parents while we search for housing in the town where my husband found a job. That is no excuse, I'm afraid. I could have, at any point, decided that enough was enough, and I could have taken up my regimen again (albeit with some difficulty, as living with family means I don't get to make most of the food choices). However, I chose not to, and I am paying the price. I will now have to work twice as hard to reach my end goal. I will say, that while I had my bouts of depression over my back-sliding, that I'm not angry or beaten down by the road that lies ahead. I have done it before - I can, and ultimately will, do it again.

I don't really have a starting point to measure right now, because I don't have a scale handy, nor do I have a measuring tape. Trust me when I say that my pants are tight, and I'll be able to gauge my progress by how they fit. I also haven't developed my plan of attack just yet; I'm debating on whether or not to just resume what I was doing before. That is, of course, limiting myself to 1400 calories a day and exercising for 30 minutes daily. Part of me says I should just pick up where I left off, and part of me says I should develop a more detailed diet and exercise plan. At any rate, I have taken steps to ease myself back into my routine. I've been drinking more water and less soda, and I've been compiling an exercise playlist full of  upbeat music that will motivate me to move.

Wish me luck! I will be returning to the journey very shortly!

No comments: