Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Journey So Far

Here we are in week two of my newly revived weight loss journey. I have lost three pounds, two inches from my waist, and a half an inch from everywhere else. If that doesn't bolster the confidence, I don't know what does. Already I feel much better about myself, not because I look any different, but because I know I'm working toward an achievable goal.

Walking this week has proven a challenge because of the weather, but I've still managed to do it everyday, along with my toning exercises. I do think I'll be altering some of my toning exercises if I find some I can do better. I've never been extremely flexible, so I don't know what made me think I could do exercises based on yoga, but I tried them anyway, and they suck! I don't enjoy them at all, so instead of keeping up with them and risking throwing in the towel, I think I'll find some that don't make me feel so awkward and stupid.

I haven't made any progress on my exercise mat. I haven't been in the mood to do any sewing. I'm thinking, however, that I might get some of the pieces cut out tonight while the hubby is at work. I'm thinking as  secret, sub-conscious encouragement, I'll stick some small paper pieces with motivational quotes and my inspiration picture in the batting.

So that's where I am now. I'll post again next week. Wish me luck!

No comments: